There is no question that coworking is changing how we work.
Prior to March 2020, the country was fostering connection and community more than ever before. This is due, in part, to domestic and global tragedies catalyzing empathy in all directions to cultivate change, hope, and opportunity. Now, instead of community, the 2020 Word of the Year might be self-quarantine. As we inch toward our new normal, instead of physically reuniting, we’re asked to stay 6-feet apart and to get savvy with Zoom. Is this what they meant by “The 2020 Experience?”
Not on our watch.
A survey showed 66% of Americans were ready to get back to the office rather than working from home and we understand why. Many people find working from home to be lonely, claustrophobic, and less productive. That’s why finding a coworking space and, in turn, local network, is crucial for entrepreneur and small business growth. That’s why coworking exists and we need it now more than ever.
In order to effectively and efficiently return to our mission, here’s what we’re doing at Launch Factory to combat coronavirus:
- We’ve transformed our open coworking space to emulate “the-six-feet-office” by spacing our desks 6 ft. apart.
- We’ve marked a one-way traffic pattern per suite to avoid doorway bottlenecks
- Our team sanitizes twice daily, once at noon and once at the end-of-day at 4 PM using certified disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2 (777-114) and PPE.
- Disinfectants, sanitizer, and tissues are located at the entrance of each suite, as well as tissues placed throughout the coworking areas
- Signs are posted to remind coworkers to provide ample space for others coming off the elevator and for others to be polite if riders want to go alone
Weekly Janitor Service
- Every Wednesday and Sunday evening
- Our team uses certified antibacterial and bleach solutions to clean community spaces, especially doorknobs, fridge, microwave handles
- Lysol antibacterial aerosol is used at the end of each shift
- Signs are posted for coworkers to rinse dishes off completely with hot running water before placing in dishwasher
- We are temporarily placing individually wrapped silverware out on the counter for coworkers to use and then dispose after each use
Shared Conference Rooms
- Our event room, Launch Pad, is limited to group sizes of 10 or fewer until further notice
- In compliance with social distancing, signs posted in our conference rooms will state whether the room is limited to 2 or 4 people
Social Distancing Tip!
Stay Vigilant. We are all doing our part when we give each other a little extra elbow room.
Coworking with plants has more benefits than just a pop of color. Our living plant wall and coworking workstations house NASA approved air purifying plants. This means our plants are working non-stop to help us combat coronavirus.
How you can protect yourself from virus exposure:
- Thorough and Frequent Handwashing for 20 Seconds
- Cough and Sneeze Etiquette
- Coughing into elbow is recommended
- Sneezing into tissues
- Tissues provided at every visible point throughout open workspaces
- Face Coverings
- Masks are recommended
- No mask? Email the Community Manager or reach out to us through our website to get equipped with PPE
- Do not touch your face
Through coworking memberships, we see connections being made that couldn’t be create online, or by phone. We see ideas spark from pure failure, sharing the same moment, and get to hear members whooping when landing their first sale. We welcome former home-office heroes that were no longer downplaying the downsides of being alone. And our most important piece of work, we have created a secure place to get it all done.
We have been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding COVID-19 and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments since March 2nd. We are confident taking these steps to adjust our coworking space increases the safety of our members and guests and we look forward to returning to our new normal together soon.